Saturday, November 8, 2008

A little late...

My gratitude today is for my mother. We spent many, many years estranged but after a lot of hard work, she is a major part of my life and the lives of my children. She is my best friend. She is my confidant. (I am blessed to have two mothers, by the way.) Without her, we wouldn't have a roof over our heads and the understanding of just what unconditional love and acceptance is about. She is a strong woman and I only hope to be 1/2 the woman she is someday.

I cried like a baby tonight; they were tears of joy. Jason and I were heading out the door to go to Annapolis to meet up with our dear friends at the local pub to listen to live music, something we try to do every few months. It's hard because it's a good hour and a half up there on a Friday night and traffic can be a bear. Anyway, it has been three months since our last get together. As I've mentioned the past few days, Elizabeth has been increasingly affectionate. Up until tonight, when she wanted to tell you that she loved you, she said, "I do, I do." Well, as we were heading out the door, I said, "Bye guys! I love you!" Elizabeth looked up at me and said, "Bye-bye, momma! Love you!" I started squealing and cheering and the tears just flowed. There is nothing else in this world that has ever made me feel the way I felt tonight.

It's now 12:43 in the morning and Ethan is having a midnight meltdown. I can't tell if it's because he threw his blankie out of his crib or if he can tell that I'm home. 5 more minutes and I'll go rescue him.

Good night everyone!

No comments: