Monday, June 9, 2008

Welcome!

How excited are you that I'm blogging!?!? I know you've been holding your breath, anxiously awaiting this moment in history. Most people come to a blog and look for the whole "about me" section, right? Let's see if I can quench your curiousity.

I am a work-at-home mom to wonder twins, Ethan and Elizabeth. Elizabeth is fondly referred to as, "Figgy" around our home. I'm not sure where that came from, my husband just started calling her that shortly after we came home from the hospital. Ethan is our little professor. The moment he was yanked from my belly, he was a very inquisitive little man. He's all about learning. With that background, you can probably deduce that this blog will be about them; and you'd be right! Genius!

I work for a small, female-owned business based out of Annapolis, Md. It's an internet security sort of company and I do the technical report editing and banking. I love my job. I work for my best friends, so it all falls into place. I also design children's clothing and hair accessories for little Figgies. (I say I design children's clothing...I design them. Now I just have to figure out how to use the new sewing machine!)

Let's see...life with twins. It's a roller coaster. We had a very easy time in the beginning. My pregnancy was a breeze, aside from 30 straight weeks of throwing-up everything that went into my mouth. I had no complications and carried my little butterballs full-term. Ethan weighed in at 6.6 and Elizabeth was 5.14. They were wonderful newborns and very easy to care for. Once they started walking, life as we knew it was over! They go in different directions, have different opinions, and love each other madly. Elizabeth is the kisser and hugger and Ethan wants nothing to do with that. They get into mischief on a daily basis, keep me on my toes every second of every day, and still manage to garner attention everywhere we go.

We've heard it all, from strangers, no less...
  • Are they twins?!?!
  • Are they identical?!?!
  • You're not breastfeeding, are you?
  • Did you deliver them vaginally?
  • Did you take fertility drugs?
  • Can I take a picture of them?
  • Which one is smarter?
  • She's so much prettier!

My favorite comebacks include:

  • No, they're not twins. But, we did steal them from the same hospital.
  • No. That one has a penis and this one doesn't.
  • Why, do you want to do it for me?
  • No, I delivered them anally.
  • No, but we did drink a lot that night!
  • I am.
  • Thanks, the plastic surgeon said that would happen when we fixed her nose and got lip implants.

Ha! That's all for tonight. I hope I've managed to give you a little bit of insight into our lives. We'll work on more tomorrow.

No comments: