Friday, October 24, 2008

Hit a wall.

I've hit a wall, so to speak. I noticed it a few weeks ago when I missed an ob appointment, which is not like me. I had an ob appointment scheduled one day at 8:00am and an appointment with the specialist the next day at 10:30am. Somehow, I mixed them up and, like I said, that's so not like me. I'm always early and never missed one appointment when I was pregnant with the twins. A few other things have happened over the course of the last two weeks and then I came to the realization yesterday that we've been planning a day at the zoo for Halloween weekend. It was *this* weekend (the weekend before Halloween). The result is that we won't be attending this year and I'm really quite bummed about it. I just feel like I've been running ragged the last few weeks and can't catch up. I'm waking up every morning at 5:30, wide awake and unable to go back to bed. My mind starts racing and I can't quiet it. By 10:30/11:00, I'm struggling to keep my eyes open and I'm finding my temper shorter and shorter with the kids for no apparent reason. I'm not sure where this is coming from, other than I'm just over tired and can't get enough sleep no matter how early I go to bed. (I'm finding myself crashing at 8:00 when the kids go down.)

Today was no exception to the running. My brother and sister-in-law live in Fredericksburg, which is over an hour from us. They were renewing their vows in the Catholic Church, so I packed the kids up and headed down. I got there at 10:00, sat through the ceremony, then went with everyone to lunch. I was headed back home by 1:15...drove an hour and a half and ran a few errands for hospice. Once I got home, the kids weren't interested in napping anymore since they slept in the car. Elizabeth all of a sudden developed a low-grade fever and became miss Snugglebug, which is so unusual because she simply cannot sit still. I'm attributing it to the shot they got last night...or teething since she's getting her molars. Jason fed them dinner for me and I curled up on the couch. I headed up a second ago to catch up, get these thoughts out of my mind, and go to bed.

We're not doing anything tomorrow. I've got to get over and see my hospice patients at some point tomorrow but, other than that, my plans include a nap and going through clothes (baby and mine). I think I'm going to divide the baby clothes into gender specific bins so that it's easier when the new kiddo arrives. Right now, they're all in the same bins separated by age...

Sunday, we have a birthday party in Frederick at 4:00. That'll take us about an hour and 15 minutes to get to and an hour and a half to come home.

I don't want to say this is pregnancy brain, because I really despise the idea of blaming anything on that. But, I feel like I need to just get away for a day or two so that I can recharge. Maybe a good massage? My perfect recharge session right now would entail a nice, cool hotel room with the shades drawn so that the room is black for one day. I honestly think that's all I need.

Our sweet moment of the day occurred this evening. Elizabeth was leaning against a chair in the living room, with her head laying on the cushion. She was softly moaning, wanting nothing to do with mommy for a moment, when Ethan walked over to her and put his arms around her and hugged her. Then, they sat down and curled up together on the floor. Awwwwww!

No comments: